Warren E. (Ted) Hewitt, Professor
PhD, Sociology, McMaster University
Dr. W. E. (Ted) Hewitt is currently on leave and serving as President of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. He has published extensively on issues related to international development, social movements, local government, and international cooperation in Brazil and Latin America. His current research focuses on political and socioeconomic aspects of Canada’s relationship with Brazil, as well as the role of post-secondary institutions in the development of Brazil’s innovation system.
Areas of Specialization
- International cooperation for urban development in Latin America;
- Social movements;
- Development and underdevelopment;
- Local government and population health;
- Quantitative methods
- Hewitt, W. E. (Ted). 2020. "National interests and the impact of student mobility: the case of Canada and Brazil." Revista Brasileira de Politica Internacional 63(1):1-19.
- Hewitt, W. E. (Ted). 2019. "Elusive partners: defining Canada's relationship with Brazil in the 21st century." International Journal of Diplomacy and Economy 5(1): 78-92.
- Hewitt, W. E. (Ted), Sean Burges, and Inês Gomes. 2017. "The Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa at 20 years: An impact assessment." The South African Journal of International Affairs 24(3): 291-309.
- , W. E. (Ted) Hewitt and Inês Gomes. 2017. "Matando o Desconhecimento." Canada and Beyond : a Journal of Canadian Literary and Cultural Studies 6: 9-21.
- Hewitt, Christopher M. and W. E. (Ted) Hewitt. 2012. "The Effect of Proximity to Urban Rail on Housing Prices in Ottawa." Journal of Public Transportation 15(4): 43-65.